- RegExp lookbehind
- Import maps
- Growable SharedArrayBuffers
- Class static initialization blocks
- Symbols in
Quickly evaluate the security and health of any npm package. Unlike a traditional vulnerability scanner, Socket can actually detect an active supply chain attack and help you to block it. Socket detects over 70 issues in open source code, for comprehensive protection.
A minor upgrade to v8.0.0 (released two days prior)
– whose most important changes were:
- Node.js 14 support discontinued
- Configuration updates: “Most of the configuration changes are related to peer dependencies. Most of these settings were implemented long ago, and we recommended them to users encountering peer dependency issues. The recently added
dedupe-peer-dependents resolved many such problems. With these new defaults, pnpm will face significantly fewer issues during migration from other package managers.”
- Lockfile modifications
Defendify is an award-winning, all-in-one cybersecurity platform developer, looking for a senior full stack engineer to join full-time. This is a unique and exciting opportunity as Defendify continues to rapidly expand its groundbreaking platform, especially designed for the non-enterprise.
Announcing Rome v12
- JSON file support
- TypeScript 4.7 and TypeScript 5.0 support
- Import sorting via CLI (experimental)
- Configuration enhancements
- VSCode extension: better control
- More linter goodies
Import maps are now available in all three major browser engines: Chrome’s Blink, Safari’s WebKit and Firefox’s Gecko.
es-module-shims: new ES modules features on top of basic modules support in browsers
[Quoting the project’s readme:]
With import maps now supported by all major browsers, ES Module Shims entirely bypasses processing for the 74% of users with native import maps support.
For the remaining users, the [...] CSP-compatible shim kicks in to rewrite module specifiers driven by the Web Assembly ES Module Lexer.
The following modules features are polyfilled:
- Import maps polyfill.
import() shimming when necessary (e.g. in older Firefox versions).
- JSON and CSS modules with import assertions (when enabled).
<link rel="modulepreload"> is shimmed in browsers without import maps support.